Free Independent Film Production Stuff!
A gradually growing list of essential free forms and applications to help you get your film productions in order.
Why free? Because I know how hard it is to get your ideas off the ground but, if you feel like buying me a coffee to say thanks …
Before downloading or using the provided forms, please carefully read the following disclaimer:
- GENERAL NATURE: The Forms provided are of a general nature and are intended for informational purposes only. They may not cover all legal or contractual issues that could arise in specific circumstances.
- NO SUBSTITUTE FOR LEGAL ADVICE: These Forms are not a substitute for professional legal advice or consultation. They may not suit every individual’s or entity’s specific needs or circumstances. Before using these Forms or relying on any content therein, it is strongly recommended that you seek advice from a qualified legal professional to ensure that the Forms meet your specific requirements and are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- NO LIABILITY: By downloading or using the Forms, you agree that DesktopEpics Entertainment shall not be liable for any damages, losses, or legal implications that arise from the use of these Forms or any related materials. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
- REVIEW AND UNDERSTANDING: Ensure that you read and understand the entirety of any Form before using it. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Forms are appropriate for your intended use and that they are completed accurately.
By proceeding with the download or use of the Forms, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and accepted the terms of this disclaimer.
This is a form that everyone can appreciate. When hiring actors, it’s good to have an agreement that lays out everything intended in addition to paying them. This is a tried and true form used in production and worked out for our needs. You’ll want to read it carefully because it may or may not be good for your production. Please note these specific sections:
- Daily Compensation – This is not for productions deferring payments. A space is allocated for how much you’re paying daily and what dates.
- Daily rate applies to paying for rehearsals and table reads.
- Your production company is not responsible for transportation and lodging expenses of the talent.
Naturally, if you’re not paying travel/lodging, your daily rate justifies itself but that depends on your production, budget, etc. I’m not a fan of paying deferred but I can understand how a lot of productions need to. I’ll configure a similar agreement shortly that covers deferred payments.
As always, any changes, comments, concerns email me email@example.com
Exactly as the title reads, this is a generic form for those background extras you plan to use in your film. This particular form assumes you are not compensating your extras.
The form can be sent for people to fill out digitally on the form and email back to you … or can be printed as normal. It’s up to you.
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel I need to add anything.
Free…no ads. no re-directs. Just plain old free.
I went looking for a portrait storyboard template and could not find one. So, I made one!
A simple portrait 1080×1920 storyboard for people interested in planning out their TikTok or Instagram videos. Most storyboard templates are the usual, six to a page in the cinematic 1920×1080 scale. But, as people are using their phones more often to view things portrait (thanks to Vine and TikTok), you might want to sketch out a few things with that perspective.
For clarity, the page has two frames so print out as many pages as you need. If I added more frames, you wouldn’t have too much space to sketch but I can at least see a total of four per page in another version. Feel free to email me at: email@example.com if you have ideas to improve it.
Naturally, it’s free to download. No links bouncing you elsewhere. No ads. Just plain old absolutely Free.
Requires: Any old Pdf reader. Google Chrome can open it, too.